Friday 2 November 2018

Lucy - Strip Part I

My Surf got stolen back in August last year, from a carpark in Leeds - smashed rear door quarter glass and then chiselled off the ignition barrel, bypassed the alarm and immobiliser. I got complacent living in quiet countryside thinkking that security was enough and and have learnt a good lesson in not f*cking about. Thatcham approved plus a big yellow disc lock or similar will be on the cards.

Fortunately, I got her back. They used her to reverse ram a pay n display meter over, hit the RHF corner, smashed my wing indicators, and wrapped everything that was in the back up in my load liner. Somehow, they missed the brand new exhaust and Alpine amp. They didn't take my fancy wooden sunglasses in the centre console; they did take my five year old smelly trainers. Who knows.

Five years of hard work and money is of no regard to a couple of crackheads, but Hilux's don't go down easy. I priced up the new parts I need from Toyota and Roughtrax and need a load of trim pieces and brackets from another Surf and/or eBay.











The damage to the floor is only on the bumper bracket fixing points where they've pulled a bit, both rear quarters are fine bar a scuff on the RHS. I've spent this week stripping bumpers, lights, running boards, arch extenders, doors, glass and salvaging bits from the tailgate. The doors are in with the body shop next door (Luke Ferla and Jason in Gilmorton) for corrosion repair and paint while I continue to prep the rest of the body and get some chassis service items done.

No comments:

Post a Comment