Wednesday 3 February 2016

Real Country

Today, I am in London, and have just seen three tubes pass unboarded at Euston, overspilling with actual people. A great man once said 'Go to London! I guarantee you'll either be mugged or not appreciated'. I've not yet seen signs for Shattered Dreams Parkway. Tonight, I'm meeting my friend and we're driving to the Peak District to stay in a climbing hut and go walking tomorrow. 

There's a gorgeous singer called ALA.NI who sounds like an-almost-modern-day Billie Holiday whose music someone introduced me to last summer. She wrote a little poem:

My Love for you was sprung in Spring
And flourished in the Summer sun
Autumn killed the fresh green leaves
And by Winter all was said and done

These photos are of places near me; from fitting new glass to the cottage in Spring; working at the unit on the farm in Summer; finding bread flour (and an old Land Rover) at the local mill in Autumn; and strolling the village in Winter before coming home to light the fire. This is a year in the Country. 












The Mill opposite my house hasn't turned a sail for over a hundred years, but still stands tall in the village. I think it's really cool and I hope to capture something like this properly once I find a way to stick the camera out the window whilst keeping it steady.






No comments:

Post a Comment